Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Waiting for PR853

I’m here at the airport. Flying back to Cebu today. I’m so freakin’ sleepy. I thought my flight was at 7:30am so I woke up at 5:30am this morning, only to check my ticket and find out that I was on the 9:30 flight. My dad was bringing me to the airport and I was too ashamed to admit that I had gotten my flight wrong so I told him it was 8:30am instead. So I’ve been here since 7:00am. Stupid me. Note to self: For all future flights, check your ticket the night before.

I’ve got this really bad case of cough. I rarely get sick that’s why I hate this painful, scratchy throat. Plus, it’s so inconvenient. I hope I get rid of it. Soon.

Last June 3rd, I graduated from my 2-year MISE Program. Many people, myself included, have now shifted to a new rhetorical question: What now?

Technically, I should be expatriated sometime between August 2006 and early 2007. Available jobs for my MISE batch will only be available starting the 1st of August, therefore I would not know where I’m going or what my position is going to be before this date.

Sometimes it saddens me when I think about how, in the past two years, I’ve rarely stayed put in one place, due to the nature of my employment. My life has become so mobile that I feel like I am always on the run, always on the way to somewhere else, and it tires me at times. But when I complain about it, people always say that’s the price I pay for everything that I’m enjoying now.

Favorite line that comes to mind: They never said it would be easy; they only said it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment