Wednesday, November 26, 2003

      FPJ is running for president. I never thought I would resort to writing that on my blog -- because I only write the truth -- and well, it is the truth.

      Do you know how it feels to not want to believe? How it feels to be living a dream, although you're terribly afraid because it's fast turning into a nightmare? That's how I am feeling right now. But as I stared at my TV set and listened to FPJ spew out words that are impossible not to be laden with politics (oh the horror), I could feel it sink, no, crash into me. It was almost tangible.

      I am a registered voter. On May 2004 I will be writing the name of a person I believe, a person I want to lead me and my fellow Pinoys, a person I trust would bring a brighter future for me and (possibly) my children. One thing is for sure, it will not be Fernando Poe, Jr. But if majority of my fellow Filipinos do choose him, I submit myself to the power and authority of democracy.

      When that happens, I want to be a good citizen and say that I will support my president (even if it's FPJ) -- and I say that with a straight face. I'm not gonne like it, but hey... I'll willingly do my part to attain a united and peaceful Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment