Sunday, November 28, 2004

Changes

Below is something you will see on my friendster page:



Written 5.Nov.2004.

There are a lot of things about Friendster that now scare me. For the first time in almost four months, I take a good look at my network of friends here (in Friendster) and the first emotion that stabbed me was fear. And even I was surprised.



I now know what it means to be afraid of change. I see my friends and realize that some of them are no longer the same people... Not the ones they used to be. Or at least, they don't seem to be... but I think the scariest part of it all is seeing other people evolving and changing... Then wondering if you still are a part of their new lives... When in fact... You're just another picture in their long list of friends in friendster after all...





I was talking to my good friend Laine only a few minutes ago, telling her the original message of that statement. Actually, what I really wanted to write but edited out was...



But I think the scariest part of it all is seeing other people evolving and changing... and then you look at yourself in the mirror... and see that you have remained the same... you haven't changed, not a bit... Then wondering if you still are a part of their new lives... When in fact... You're just another picture in their long list of friends in friendster after all...




Do you ever feel like everyone's changing, but you haven't changed ENOUGH? Is it that you've been so stuck to something for so long, you don't know if the problem is you or the people around you?



I do believe that change is the only constant in this world. And after all, who is to say that change is not good? Maybe we just get so used to something being the way it is that we hold on to it, even if clearly, it's no longer the way it used to be.



But on th other hand, what's wrong with staying the same? What's wrong with being resistant to change? Have you ever imagined being totally happy and fulfilled, then being forced to change... just because "change is constant?"



Have I stumbled upon another one of life's most unanswerable questions...?



Damn, these are all jumbled thoughts.



Why are you still reading? Shoo! I'll just be confusing you! :)

2 comments:

  1. testing this comments thingie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, change IS scary. i've always been terrified of change. i don't adapt well when my system is altered, or my foundations shattered. it's not easy trying to tell yourself "you'll be a better person after this" when all you want to do is curl up in a corner and weep. :P

    reminds me of an AXN ad. it goes something like, "You were abducted 50 years, and then you came back, to find that everything has changed. Everything... except YOU." that's exactly what you're talking about, right?

    but why do you say naman na you didn't change? call me a cheesy biased friend, but you DID change, and all for the better. :)

    ReplyDelete