Monday, November 22, 2004

Surprise Surprise

I was dumbfounded when I realized that I have not updated my blog for more than a couple of months. I know, I know, this has happened time and again, but, well... It still does kind of surprise me, how I've been so negligent.



I was supposed to have this really long entry with all the nitty gritty of the two extraordinary weeks I spent in Copenhagen for my first module as a MISE trainee. But of course I still haven't gotten around to finishing it. And the worst part of it is, I may have forgotten some of the things that happened... it has been a couple of months after all.



So here I am again, resuscitated. Somehow I always feel like I have so much to say but so little time to type away. And of course during the past two months, so much has happened, I want to spill everything but I simply can't. So as in accordance to my age-old practice, here are some random thoughts:



I think now I know how it feels to be a working student. MISE is like so much like schoolwork, with assignments and lessons and deadlines -- all of which you have to accomplish on top of an 8-hour workday (that often does not end after 8 hours only). Sometimes I do feel like I'm back in school, but with even less time to deal with everything.




My favorite twins are out of the country. I suddenly missed them.




The Incredibles is easily one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in quite a while. My favorite character? Edna Mode, dahling, of course! :)




Playing on Yahoo! LAUNCHradio: Dangerously In Love. I so so so love that song.




My friends tease me about my pictures during the first module. Because there were so many MISE's from over 60 nations, with every degree of skin color you can think of, with blondes, brunettes, corn rows and braids, with chinky eyes and high-bridged noses... All kinds of people, literally. We define multicultural. :p




I watched the Alicia Keys concert! :) With my baby sister Tata and my elder brother Tam, at the Araneta Coliseum. It was sooo worth it. She was phenomenal. I did not feel shortchanged for my tickets. Not a bit.




I've got a new keyboard and a new optical mouse. My computer was reformatted and our DSL connection is up and running again. Now even if I get home from work at 10:00PM, I make it a point to "say hi" to my computer. God I've missed it! :) (This is one of the reasons why I haven't blogged as much... Computer kinda, uh, broke down. THIS IS NOT AN EXCUSE THOUGH. Haha.)




I'm sleepy now. Need to hit the sack. More random thoughts in the next few posts. I hope.

1 comment:

  1. we miss you too teng! tons! i hope you're doing okay. see you very soon!

    ReplyDelete