Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Straight from Karlslunde, Part 2

And once again I bring this post to you from the land of butter cookies and the Little Mermaid sculpture, the home of A.P. Møller-Mærsk Group - Denmark.

It was a pretty bumpy 13-hour flight (technically, it's 24 hours because I left at 8pm Friday and got here 8pm Saturday Philippine time) and I could not fall asleep comfortably on my plane seat. Truth be told, I think I enjoyed my Thai Airways flight during the first module than this Lufthansa flight. And it doesn't help that this was almost usd300 more expensive.

Anyway, onto more sensible things. Today is my third day in Denmark and I'm absolutely dying of the cold. The Asians were not built to last in this weather, specailly the Filipinos. This place is cold enough to be one giant freezer. And yes, there is snow.

I probably should mention that it was an emotional moment when I first saw the snow. (Yes, pathetic but emotional just the same!) I'm sure it's because seeing snow used to be just a childhood dream for me... so it's quite an experience to actually see it covering everything on your path, the powdery ice landing on my coat, and the cold wind that blows that causes me to not feel my face anymore. Haha. They should put a sign on the airport though: Not for people from warm countries.

So till here for the moment. Will upload pictures soon. :) So everyone, don't miss me too much (coz you know I really am missing you, I miss the Philippines badly.) Text me guys!

4 comments:

  1. teeeng! i sent u an email, 24 today e, yiheee!

    anyway, ang saya nakakita ka na ng snow! sana ako din, haha, someday! enjoy ur stay there soulmate!

    i'll see u when u get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. partner, miss you na rin! wow, snow! uwian mo ako heheh :D ingat ka jan ok? enjoy and i'm looking forward to ur kwentos when you get back home. love u always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe! oo nga, uwian mo kami snow! :p
    raid ka namin pagdating mo.. weheheheh!
    *hugs* para hindi masyado cold ang stay mo.. :) wag masyado pakastress! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. teng! :)

    jetsetter na ang lola ah. hehe. enjoy your stay there. at kung puede ka lang din makapag-uwi ng snow. bagong career na ang lola mo. sa mindshare na ako. :)

    ReplyDelete