Sunday, March 27, 2005

Senti Trip

I don;t know why but I'm feeling sentimental today. And about what? About being young.

I know many people would beg to disagree that 21 is not old at all. I think, chronologically it's not, but the fact that your age today, right this very moment is the the oldest you've been, you will always feel "old" in some level and always wish you were younger...

I especially miss high school. And I've had this feeling since high school graduation, which is (counting) exactly five years and three days ago. Whew! That's a pretty long time back. But the fact of the matter is, high school will always be, well, unbeatable in my long list of sentimental subjects.

What I miss most about high school:
1. My school bus. The fact that no matter what you do, you can be sure that you'll get to school and back home, safely.
2. My uniform -- not having to worry about what to wear the next day, just how to fold your socks. Haha.
3. The classrooms, a place to leave your stuff where it won't get lost. Well, 90% of the time at least. But also a place where you an do a lot of stuff other than having classes; you can eat, sleep, drink, be merry, play cards, play charades, play the guitar... and well, some other censored stuff. Haha.
4. The gym, the CAI lab, the canteen, the library, the IMC, the GS viewing room, the PL office, the teacher's lounge, the office of the HS secretary, the permanently unswinging swings. Ahhhh memories.
5. Cheering competitions -- by batch, not by color.
6. Songfest, Jazztri, Concerts, BAPPSA, otherwise known as events where you can show 'em what you're made of.
7. Sabayang Pagbigkas / Choral Recitation -- it would take a separate entry if I expound on this one. Our passion, our pride. We can only pray it remains that way.
8. Class numbers, class officers, bulletin boards.
9. Club Time, otherwise known as the time we can spend buying drinks or gossiping on the way the PL office... until the "Piso-per-minute" rule came along (Ailil, remember this?!?! Haha!)
10. Intrams, St. Paul's Day -- otherwise known as the only valid reason not to have classes during Sr. Mila's regime.

More to come next entry...

3 comments:

  1. never get tired of reading/hearing you (us) talk about hs.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ate teng.. amishoo.. visit nman my blog.. hehe.. tag ka..

    www.ztahf.blogspot.com *wink*

    fhatz

    ReplyDelete