Saturday, September 30, 2006

The First Pangs of Homesickness

Allowing myself a few moments of sadness.

*click*

It's starting.

With an unlimited internet connection in my room, I have succumbed to the temptation of checking the fares from Beijing to Manila. Also tried some other combinations like Beijing - Hong Kong - Manila and Beijing - Singapore - Manila. All this, despite knowing that I won't probably be going home anytime soon. Perhaps the earliest date would be in February 2007, when the lessons in BLCU formally end. Yes, that means passing up going home for my birthday, Christmas and New Year.

I also think that the fact that I am online all the time can aggravate these feelings. Yahoo Messenger is on all the time which keeps you (unconsciously) waiting for the people you want to talk with. And it doesn't help that due to really bad weather, a big part of Metro Manila still does not have electricity - which means, very few people can go online - which means, I am stuck with waiting for a couple more days.

I'm trying to fight it. It's too early to give in to these feelings.

I'm trying to focus on the lessons. They're hard. Which makes it somewhat easier to not think of anything else but practicing and reading and reviewing and getting better with Mandarin.

Phew.

I just had to get it out of my system.

Before it eats me alive.

Okay. I'm switching to happy mode again.

*click*

No comments:

Post a Comment