Monday, October 2, 2006

Day 1 of my Week-Long Holiday

I have no classes from today until Saturday. It's the Chinese National Day Celebration and apparently it is a really big holiday which warrants a one-week vacation for everyone, which includes me.

Kind of makes you wonder why no one warned me that this was going to be the case. I could have stayed home a little longer and flew in after the holidays. But anyway. I'm here now so enough about that already.

Spent the whole day just inside my room. Woke up at around 11am with a text message from Papa saying that they are in Mama's office waiting for me to go online. Apparently there are already a few parts of Paranaque and Las Pinas where electricity has been restored, including Mama's office in San Dionisio. It was nice to chat with them for almost a couple of hours.

After that I grabbed some really late lunch. Yummy Chinese Takeout!



Xingang Rice, Lemon Chicken and Long Mushroom with Sesame Oil





When they say Corn Ice Cream...





They mean Corn Ice Cream. :)



That's basically the highlight of my day.

Wow, how much more boring can it get?

No comments:

Post a Comment