Thursday, June 26, 2008

I sooo deserve a gold bar.

Haha. Ai might kill me for posting this. BUT. I do! I do deserve a gold bar!

Ai a.k.a. Dubai Girl was supposed to arrive in Beijing from Shanghai at 11:20pm yesterday. I was coming from a special screening of Sex and the City so I left the place at 11, thinking I'll be at the airport just in time to pick Ai up. I got to the airport at 11:45, already expecting flights to be delayed, as is the norm here in China.

But I was not expecting to be waiting until... (drumroll please) 3:30am.

I think I was half-asleep when Ai finally managed to give me a call at around that time. I had been waiting for my phone to ring for 3 hours, and when it finally did, my heart fell when I saw that the area code was 021. Shanghai's area code. I knew what it meant. Somebody was still in Shanghai.

Hahahahahaha. I laugh about it now but last night (well, effectively, it was already this morning) was quite an ordeal, I must say. Sleeping at the airport is never fun. And I was still in my office clothes because I had to do overtime at work then I headed to the SATC screening directly afterwards. Add to that the fact that this morning I still had to drag myself to the office since I had only filed for half-day leave. Oh well.

And that is why... Ai, I deserve a gold bar! Gold bar, gold bar! Pa-gold bar ka naman! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment