Thursday, October 30, 2003

It Felt Like Coming Home

      I went back to my high school yesterday -- St. Paul Paranaque -- and it felt like coming home. Weird, but it did.



      I know some people who, after high school graduation, vowed never to set foot in their alma mater again. To a certain extent, I understand... specially those also coming from my school, because I know too well the things we were put through -- long litanies from the sisters, so little recreational time and a truckload of academics. But as I always say, that's what high school is for! And I have long forgiven them because if anything, they are among the people who molded me into who I am now.



      But yesterday, just standing on the ground where I spent four years of my adolescent life, it just felt... right. It felt like a haven, a secure place where I was free from all my college troubles. Thoughts of my thesis (gulp) and practicum folder (gulp again) were so far away; I was just having fun with my friends. It was like a sea of memories washing over me... the faces have changed but the feeling is still the same; even intrams felt the same. *sigh* I still wish for the carefree life of high school... the carefree days of my youth, for that matter.



      And so we arrive at the "turning twenty" blues once more. Heheheh. But really, I just wanted to state that for the record. Even if St. Paul (or rather, the new security guards at the second gate) has a knack for pissing alumni off (ayaw ba naman magpapasok minsan!!!), I still feel compelled to go back to my high school alma mater once in a while... if only for the wonderful feeling of "coming home..." :)



      A critique of the cheering competition to follow... for now I'm off to school! Enrolment is at 1:30 pm and I'm still at home! Bad Teng... heheheh.

No comments:

Post a Comment