Monday, October 27, 2003

      One week to go before my birthday!!! :D In other words, only one more week left of my teenage life. Haha. Many people say, "Teng, matanda ka na... Bente ka na!" and all I want to reply is, "I know! Believe me, I know!" -- but really, not in a sarcastic way.



      Actually, even I am surprised at how I am reacting to my turning twenty. Of course it sounds like a big deal -- I have already lived, in fact, for ONE WHOLE SCORE! But I guess the only difference is, I don't feel my age, as opposed to "not acting" my age.



      Of course, being at this age, people expect me to be mature, forward-thinking and smart. I think I can be all that. But I don't think it has anything to do with me still wanting to watch cartoons, or wear shorts to the grocery, or play around with my little sister. Thos are the things that keep me sane! If I start to go around thinking of nothing but future bank accounts, buying life plans, or paying off debts I haven;t even made, then I would not have lived at all. For heaven's sake, I'm only TWENTY!



      So to all my friends (i.e. batchmetes) who get to read this, it's not so bad, you know, the turning twenty thing. We can take it all in stride. And perhaps ten or another twenty years after today, I would still want to watch cartoons and wear shorts to the grocery and play around with my little sister... I know it will help me keep my youth, no matter what the numbers I put down on the "age blank" say. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment