Tuesday, December 7, 2004

Creativity, Anyone?

I type chwistine.blogspot.com on the address field above and this page comes up.



I get depressed when I see this page.



I've come so low as to use a template for my blog.



Gone were the days when I'd spend my late nights in front of the computer, editing and re-editing the graphics and photos that were to go into my latest layout.



Gone were the days when I would painfully hand-encode each page, html flag by html flag, ensuring that the finished product would come out exactly the way I pictured it inside my head.



Gone were the days when I would even offer to make webpages for my friends, or to teach them how to build an html file from scratch.



Gone were those days.



Thay have been replaced by 12-hour work days, with weekends that always seemed too short to even catch my breath.



They have been replaced by a total of 3-4 hours spent on the road, weaving in and out of traffic. It takes me that long to get to and from work -- on a lucky day.



They have been replaced by new concerns... My last few moments of wakefulness, I spend thinking about the future, my future: careers, salaries, industries, expatriations, opportunities... decisions to be made, consequences to be faced...



*Sigh*



Bottom line?



I need a new layout.



Something I made, something I conceptualized.



My creative juices are overflowing, with neither a venue for release nor the time to release it.



Damn.



I need need need a new layout.

2 comments:

  1. will be awaiting your new layout, when you do. :)

    i've lost all interest in webdesign na eh. parang it's a thing of my past na, something i'm not really looking forward to return to. XD and yet I do have a blog. haha. weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mishu teng..sana makasama ka sa sat..-cathy

    ReplyDelete