Saturday, December 11, 2004

Damn Frustrations

There are just some thoughts that are not meant to be in black and white.



As deadlines for home assignments once again loom overhead, I find myself getting dissatisfied yet again with my current employment. I hate hate hate it that money or opportunities or travel cannot motivate me enough to learn, let alone be contented with being a MISE trainee.



There is this Investment assignment due on Wednesday, the 15th. Deadlines for Maritime Law and Economics will soon follow. Heck. I studied communications in college. The highest math I took up was Math 11. I never really cared about ships or terminals or containers or other related sh*t before I got myself into the company.



I am in the dumps again. And fact is, I really want to go to the next module. I want to travel to Denmark again. I want to meet all these people from all over the world and share stories with them. I love my salary and my benefits.



If there were just some way to get it all. Benefits and doing what I love, what i'm meant to do.



They say, you really can't have it all. Yeah, and I'm living proof.



But... at the end of the day, it's a matter of choice. If you can't have it all, I've got to choose. And that's the difficult question.



Damn these thoughts. Wasting my time writing about my frustrations. I should be working on that Investment assignment now. !@#$%^&*().

2 comments:

  1. isa lang masasabi ko teng: AMEN!


    chamyto

    ReplyDelete
  2. hirap talaga, teng. but it'll get better. sana maayos na yang assignments mo. there are cons to match the perks -- like you said, you can't have it all talaga. but you're still on top, darling :) the worst probably hasn't come yet (although who am I to say such things...) Ü kayang-kaya mo yan, dear.

    anyway, hope this isn't a bad time to greet you a Merry Christmas!

    click --> http://web.tri-isys.com/acoustic/LJ/xmaspresents/teng.jpg

    Hope you have a good one, Teng. Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete