Friday, November 21, 2008

High Hopes for a Grand Adventure

I had been impossibly busy on the days leading up to this vacation, that I haven't even had the chance to share with you guys just how excited I am to go on this trip. I have been planning and obsessing about this vacation for a month already, since I want to make the most out of this longest personal trip I've ever taken -- 18 days, woohoo!

I really wish Kuya and Ate Bew could join us, but then again there'll be other chances. Anyway I will be with family (Papa, Mama and Tata) for the most part, except for a few days in between when our itineraries would diverge, and then meeting up again towards the end of the trip.

So where am I headed? First it's The Windy City, or The Second City, or best known as US President-elect Barack Obama's hometown. It is also pseudo-Gotham City (Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were shot here) and home to my first ever sports hero Michael Jordan. Chicago is destination no. 1 primarily because my Tita Tel and Tito Ruben are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary, which is the reason for this whole trip in the first place. We will be spending a week in Chicago, after which my family and I will go our separate ways for 4 days as they head to New York and me to the West Coast.

Destination no. 2 is California -- I will be flying into San Diego on Nov 27th and then meeting up with Jaim, and shortly thereafter (early next morning) driving to destination no. 3, Sin City -- Vegas baby!!! I heard we will be staying at the Venetian for a few days (thanks Ate Bam!). From Las Vegas, I really want to take that sunset helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon... I'm still thinking about it but I am 80% convinced that I should do it. As for the other activities in Vegas... well you know what happens there anyway. Funnnnn. :)

Then on Dec. 1st we will be leaving Vegas since Jaim has to go to class and work (loser!!! hehe joke lang). She will drop me off at Anaheim where I am again meeting up with my family. The next couple of days will of course be spent in Disneyland, Universal Studios and an LA tour which will take us to Hollywood. Tita Emie and family, who live in San Diego, will also come out to LA to be with us. On Dec. 5th my family is headed back to Manila, while I am staying back for a couple more days to explore LA some more. Jaim and I are headed to the Getty Museum and Santa Monica Pier and of course, the not-to-be-missed home of grrrrrrrrreat roller coasters, 6 Flags Magic Mountain!

All in all a pretty packed schedule but I really like traveling that way, making the most out of the trip. I can sleep and rest when I'm back home right? I hope everything goes to plan and that this turns out to be an grand and enjoyable adventure, otherwise I will be happy to just have lotsa fun during this time off and of course come back with a (significantly) heavier suitcase filled with goodies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment