Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm No Fish Killer

Do you remember my old entry 'Fish and Relationships'? Well since that first couple of fighting fish which I stupidly put together (which according to Dan should not be done, since they'll try and kill each other, which they did), I have had several others. On my birthday, Irene gave me three new fish, two of which barely lasted a week.

I guess it's because of this that my friends tease me about being a Fish Killer. Which is ironic, because I have always had every intention of keeping them alive for as long as I could, until of course it becomes inconvenient for me... (i.e. cleaning the water every other day? come on!) Hence it's not killing. It's not murder. Just homicide.

Anyway here is attempt number three. I'm hoping to get it right this time. If the fish still die... this is really not my fault anymore!

I believe I gave my seven (yes seven!) new fish a good home: light, plants, more sand, better food, even a couple of white coral-looking rocks. But above all I put in an oxygen pump. It was a very significant and noticeable difference; the water doesn't become dirty as easily and the fish like to play with the bubbles. Well at least some of the bigger ones. The smaller ones seemed to be freaked out by the pressure, and for good reason, since the bubbles could very easily push them out of the way.

Now when I go home, I look forward to spending a few minutes with my fish and watching them swim -- no, more like wiggle around -- in their tank. They are so alive, that I think it's the oxygen making them all giddy and high. I find it both amusing and relaxing at the same time, and having other living creatures inside my apartment makes it feel a bit more homey and less empty.

What does this mean, you ask? Is this entry really just about the stupid fish? Or does it have something to do with relationships -- like most of Teng's entries seem to be???

Well, actually... this time, I prefer it to be just about the fish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment