Thursday, October 5, 2006

Learning Mandarin & Pics of My Current Abode

I just finished reviewing my lessons. I didn't want my one-week holiday to be good for nothing. So I'm trying my best to polish my spoken Mandarin by going through the four lessons we have covered so far (the first two of which, I missed) -- and it is quite a challenge.

I have to stop thinking about this being so hard. Positive thinking. Positive vibes. Positive energy. I can do this! Aaaaarrrrggghhhh. This is me attempting to turn frustration into motivation.

At least, I now know how to count - y? èr s?n sì w? liù q? b? ji? shí. And I have practiced and practiced until I can perfectly say a tongue twister. Excuse my modesty but this is my biggest accomplishment thus far: Sì shì sì. Shí shì shí. Shísì shì shísì. Sìshí shì sìshí. Yay for me! Heheh.

Anyway, since quite a handful of people (members of my family mainly) are asking how I am and what I've been doing and where I've been staying, and also for the benefit of the not-so-curious (a.k.a. those who just stumbled upon this post) here are some shots of my current abode.






So there. Honestly, I can't wait for classes to end so I can move in to the company staff house (read: my own place!) once I start working again. But for now, this would have to do. After all, the main focus is learning Mandarin, not living a life of luxury. Oh but not to worry because the reward for it will soon come... ;)

Damn. I really really really can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. hi te. just because you like me to give you a comment. :) heheh.


    :)

    ReplyDelete