Monday, October 6, 2008

Walalang.

True to the natural order of things, just when we ended our week-long holiday, the weather decided to take a turn for the better and today we have a beautiful clear sky. As luck would have it, today I am also back to being bound by the glass panels of the office such that the blue skies (a rarity in Beijing) can only be enjoyed from behind my monitor.

There really is nothing much for me to write about, but I thought I owed it to myself to 'maintain' this blog despite the rather languid pace that my life has taken for the past week. The seven-day holiday was spent like this:

Day 1: Desperate Housewives marathon.
Day 2: 4 batches of laundry; Jaybee arrives.
Day 3: China's National Day, we stupidly headed to the Forbidden City together with half the city's population. Rewarded ourselves with a good dinner at desserts though.
Day 4: Went to Ritan Park for lunch. Good weather and good Chinese food.
Day 5: Partied, and rightly so; it was a Friday night! It was fuuuuuuun. :)
Day 6: Back to being good. We went to the gym. Then feasted on Adobo to gain all that lost weight back. Haha.
Day 7: Had Pinoy-style spaghetti for dinner. Work mode starting to creep back in, but I had severe holiday hangover. Couldn't sleep till 3am today.

I'm again hitting the expat down cycle and now just looking forward to getting off work (i.e. 6pm, weekends and the vacation I'm planning for November). I'm quite happy though that Jaybee is here to keep me company for another couple of weeks; it's great to have someone to speak Filipino with, although that makes it difficult (and irritating) to switch back to English when I have to.

So there. I know the last week was too la-di-dah and did not warrant a blog entry, but I was worried that people were starting to miss me. Hehe joke lang.

No comments:

Post a Comment