Tuesday, June 22, 2004

50 First Floor

I work in the fifty-first floor of the tallest building in the Philippines. Our whole office has a commanding view of pretty much everything. Situated along Ayala Ave. in Makati, I can see as far as the Manila Bay, D. Macapagal, the airport... sometimes I like to think that I can even see my house in Las Pinas. :)



Tomorrow, wednesday, it would be a week since my first day as an employee. But to this day, I still feel overwhelmed, lost, confused, depressed, and then some.



I am presently a Management Trainee in a large, global company. According to the HR Manager, I together with two other trainees bested over 2,000 aspiring applicants to the international education program that they offer. The company provides above-industry compensation and benefits that anyone would be crazy not to enjoy. My colleagues are smart, ambitious, young and driven...



...so why, then, do i feel so alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment