Friday, June 25, 2004

Thoughts on a Rainy Friday

     It was a rainy, gloomy Friday as I made my way to the office today. As I fetched my morning dose of Mochachino (from the office vendo, of course) the large windows in the pantry were fogged up, and I could only see so far into the nearby Makati buildings. The rain continued to pour and the traffic was swelling, which is perhaps also the reason why there are so few people in the office at this time.



     Looking back a couple of posts ago (In Restrospective), among these things:

Tomorrow I will...

1. eat crispy pata at Max's!!!

2. wake up early -- again.

3. drink free Mochachino from the office vendo. :)

4. celebrate something. :)


I realized that the only thing I was able to do yesterday was wake up early. Ironically, none of these plans materialized. I was able to eat crispy pata, though not the way and not with the person I originally planned to have it with. Even my favorite office-vendo-Mochachino was missing that day! Of course, it was because I did buy a Coffee Jelly Frappucino from Starbucks – an indulgence, I admit! Oh well. I deserved it. (Yeah, I did. Haha.)



     It’s the end of the week once again. Time seems to fly so fast nowadays. I remember last night, I told papa how I felt like I spent so little time at home nowadays. “Naghahabol ng oras,” I believe, were my exact words. I never seem to have time to even check my personal mail, surf the Net for leisure, watch my favorite TV shows, or read a book. All of a sudden it’s 11:00pm and I have to sleep, lest I wake up late the next day. Whew. This work thing is taking a lot of getting used to.



     On the brighter side of things, of course I still thank God it’s Friday! I have two whole days to do all the stuff I want to do, two whole days to spend with my family (specially Tata who I miss so much), two whole days before I have to repeat the vicous cycle I call my work week. But really, I’m also looking forward to the 30th – coz it’s my first salary! Woohoo!



     Work is tough, but at least it pays off (literally). ü

No comments:

Post a Comment