Monday, June 14, 2004

Blubber

     While my parents were in the grocery this afternoon, I accompanied my sister to buy new shoes for P.E. class. Apparently, there was a new rule in school -- they had to wear only dominantly white rubber shoes or sneakers with their P.E. uniforms, and my sister claimed that this was to be strictly enforced.



     After purchasing the shoes, we proceeded to National Book Store. I had wanted to buy Dan Brown's Angels and Demons but the queue for the cashier was so long; it would not be worth it. As we headed back to the grocery to meet up with our parents, we passed by the Book Sale stall. The compulsive book-buyer in me was immediately drawn to the spot.



     I grabbed the latest issue of my favorite interior design magazine when I remembered this one book I had been looking for -- Judy Blume's Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret." As a kid, it had been one of the very few boooks outside of the Sweet Valley Series that I loved. Sadly, over the years, I lost my copy and has been unable to find one since forever.



     I rummaged through the piles and piles of second-hand books, searching for it, when I stumbled upon several books by Judy Blume placed one after the other. I felt almost sick with anticipation as I flipped through them. There was no "Are You There God..." but the next best one was there: Blubber.



     I was so excited to see this book that I had gone through five chapters even before purchasing it. When I got home, I couldn't take my mind off reading it.



     So now that I've told you the story, I'm going back to reading it. :)



     ...It's been so long since I last blogged. My writing skills have become so rusty. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment