Monday, June 28, 2004

There's Something About Mondays

     Woke up late, left home late, traffic at Coastal was bad, arrived in the office later than usual -- hence today's lunchtime blog.



     There really is just something about Mondays, I don't know what. It lacks the frantic energy of Fridays, the excitement and anticipation of mid-week Wednesdays, even ordinary Tuesdays and Thursdays are better. Everything sad, boring or unlucky seems to happen on a Monday. Things like being stuck in traffic, breaking your heel, not doing anything which then makes you uncontrollably sleepy, or having someone in the office play Disney Movie themes all morning (I somehow enjoy it though; at least I hear something other than the rapid clicking of keyboards). Darn.



     On the lighter side of things... what is the lighter side of things?



     Oh! Today is my parents' 24th year ammiversary. :) Amazing, huh? :) In the day of divorces and irreconcilable differences, isn't it great to know that at least there are still some couples who manage to survive? Don't get me wrong, Mama and Papa have had their fair share of big fights and all... But I am thankful that despite us kids being grown up already, slowly building our own lives and moving towards independence, my parents still find reasons to stay together everyday.



     When I decide who that someone is whom I'll spend my forever with, I can only pray that we'll be half as happy as my parents.



     Some more random thoughts...



  • I sooo want to eat at A Veneto.


  • I know a lot of Disney Songs by heart! (Surprising realization of the day.)


  • Inauguration na pala on Wednesday... di ba yun non-working holiday? :)


  • Drove the Altis to work today. Still breaking it in. Miss my CR-V. *sigh*


  • Saw Jolina Magdangal try to sing Kelis' MILKSHAKE while dancing it too. She failed. Miserably.


  • Janice de Belen's tube dress from yesterday's S Files was horrible. Plain horrible.


  • Alicia Keys ♥ Usher --> music industry's new big-time love team. Move over, Beyonce ♥ Jay-Z.


  • One elevator in PBCOM isn't working. Lalang.


  • I want a new cellphone.


  • Andami kong random thoughts. Haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment