Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Unfinished Business

I feel that it is so characteristic of me to just suddenly stop in mid-thought or mid-sentence, for no apparent reason. Going through my blog, this is also evident; I found these entries that I will most likely never get around to finishing. The moment has passed and the thoughts have fled, never to be relived.

Sometimes the reason why I do not finish my entries is because the things I am feeling then are too complex for words. So much so that I need to pause and work out exactly what I want to say before I attempt to express them. And that pause sometimes turns into, well, complete abandonment of the attempt.

Anyway... just out of curiosity – which one of these would you like to continue reading?

===

1.
Fight or Flee
Nov 28, '07 1:43 PM

When I was in high school, back when mobile phones were a new fad, text was cheap, and I was a "factory" for love quotes of all kinds -- tragic tales, happy endings, romantic moments, heart-breaking confessions, unrequited affections, bumpy relationships -- I came across this one quote that I felt exemplified me and the way I see love:

"Don't be fooled into believing that letting go means you love best; instead, fight for your love -- that's what true love is all about."

I guess getting older means questioning many things in life, including the way you handle relationships.

===

2.
No Other Place
Dec 25, '07 4:00 PM

Last week, I was so worked up about going back home for the holidays that I was extra-cheerful in the office. I came to work with a silly giant smile on my face and was playing Christmas carols since all the big bosses had already gone on vacation.

One afternoon, my boss asks, "Don't you get tired of going nowhere else but the Philippines?"

Without skipping a beat, I replied, "Honestly, there's no other place I'd rather be."

And a few seconds after that, on second thought, it suddenly hit me just how true this statement was.

===

3.
Meet new friends, but keep the old
Jun 23, '08 5:27 PM

Meet new friends
But keep the old
One is silver
And the other is gold.

Was it our trusty PE teacher Mrs. Ruiz who taught us this song back in high school? She must be proud. I still remember.

That song quite appropriately describes the rough weekend that was. An old feeling called homesickness decided to pay me a visit. It was no longer familiar, actually; it caught me by surprise, because it likewise brought with it one of my other enemies - loneliness.

===

4.
Pushing the envelope
Jul 14, '08 12:57 AM

I am happy that I still manage to surprise myself every now and then. The things that I get into nowadays... I sometimes wonder what I do to find myself in those situations.

I have lived a very sheltered life, and more often than not I feel that I do try to keep to a sheltered life. I was never one to take too many risks and people who know me well also know that I enjoy my me-time.

This new social lifestyle is exactly that – entirely new to me.

===

No comments:

Post a Comment