Thursday, November 7, 2002

My father was born under my sign too. We both have strong, dominant personalities. We are both opinionated and principled. We are expressive. And when we speak our emotions, our words can sting if we want them to.



Sometimes, I plainly abhor the fact that there are two Scorpions in the family. Our personalities are so similar that it’s unimaginable when the two of us clash – much like having two ferocious, stinging Scorpions fight it out.



Ironically, when we are both in good moods, we are also the most malambing. But I won’t talk about that now because I’m totally pissed off by his latest 10-minute lecture, which, by the way happened less than an hour ago.



When he reprimands me, I always think, My words can’t hurt other people this bad. He just has this way of lecturing and scolding me that’s more upsetting than being yelled at. It can really make me feel so wrong and so little, and me, being the typical Scorpion, would want to reason out and defend myself – but I know better than to wield my own string of stingy words at him. Nothing can change his mind and it would only aggravate the situation.



Many times, I have wished either one of us were born under a different blanket and alignment of stars. I have gotten used to blaming our conflicts and arguments to the fact that we share the same zodiac sign. But when I think that if it really is written in the stars… there truly is nothing much I can do to change them.

No comments:

Post a Comment